Blender developers meeting, April 20, 2014

Blender developers meeting, April 20, 2014

Vilem Novak
Just a note to project list:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

Pie menus is allready several releases as a "this or next release target".

Fast search through the svn shows no commits to this project in several
months, is it a real target for 2.72?

Regards,
Vilem

Re: Blender developers meeting, April 20, 2014

Sean Olson
Just to clarify that this is Psy-fi's project ( http://goo.gl/6ngDUk ), not
the prototype addon ( http://goo.gl/KAJNMg ).  As far as I know Psy-fi has
been very busy integrating his paint tools from last Gsoc, and after that
he is juggling physics stuff for Gooseberry (hair stuff if I recall), Pie
Menus, and another unannounced pet project.  Basically, his plate is full
and we need a clone of him.   I want pies as much as the next guy, but I
understand there is only so much one guy can do.  The ...8 year wait for
pie continues ( http://mattebb.com/weblog/radiation/ ) ...
Hungrily waiting,
-Sean

Re: Blender developers meeting, April 20, 2014

Antony Riakiotakis
Hi,

Today I added the current state of the code in blender's git repository.

Just checkout the pie-menus branch. Still unfinished though, don't expect
to see miracles. The only thing that is pie-fied in the branch is the
stroke mode for sculpting (A key).