Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-06-04

Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-06-04

Dalai Felinto
Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's 09 UTC (10 CET) meeting in irc.freenode.net
#blendercoders. Reminder: meetings are on Mondays, next meeting is 11th
June 17 UTC (18 CET).

1) Blender 2.8

* Antonio Vazquez is preparing a blog post for the upcoming merge.

* He will update the patch today, since all the changes suggested by the
last of review were already addressed in the branch.

* Copy-on-write is no longer optional and we now have a single
copy-on-write-aware editing context. That makes most of the operators to
work out of the box. We still need to go over the task force list and make
sure tagging is happening properly though.

* The temporary task force status page got a visual remodeling:
http://stats.dalaifelinto.com/
Date of the data will come next. But now we have analytics support (~50
visitors day).

* The multi-object task force is being on a semi-official halt. Reviewing
patches takes more time than we can afford during the code quest. But they
will be given the proper attention after July 15.

2) Google Summer of Code / Other projects

* No Google Summer of Code student had any topic to bring up.

* Wiki migration: deadline to move existent wiki to read-only mode is June
15. Meeting derailed in a discussion regarding how much data we can keep of
the old one, and if it will be only html, or also page sources. The
migration team will discuss this further and present a solution.

3) Code quest links:

* Weekly meeting notes - 2018-06-01
 - https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2018-June/049454.html

* Tasks done last week:
 -
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.8/Source/CodeQuest/WeeklyReports#Week_8_.2828.2F05_-_01.2F06.29

* Code quest workboard:
 - https://developer.blender.org/project/board/80/

* Videos:
 - Viewport Look Dev
 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz5wD6cHtuk

 - New Shortcuts + LookDev Updates
 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK3tgfPZ9SQ

 - Single Column Layout
 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WBqTeLcsxU

 - WIREFRAMES
 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcOk-SYxllg

 - Week 8 Round-up
 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMj-an79Now

Regards,
Dalai
--
blendernetwork.org/dalai-felinto
www.dalaifelinto.com

Re: Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-06-04

Jacob Merrill
could gracefully handeling multiprocessor module be a priority?
(like launching a instance of py distributed with blender?)

currently it just pops open another instance of blender which is not so
handy.