Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-06-11

Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-06-11

Dalai Felinto
Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's 17 UTC (18 CET) meeting in irc.freenode.net
#blendercoders. Reminder: meetings are on Mondays, next meeting is 18th
June 09 UTC (10 CET).

1) Blender 2.8

* There is a call for content for MatCaps:
 - https://devtalk.blender.org/t/call-for-content-matcaps/737

* The bug tracker needs to be re-open. There is no decision to when do it,
but we will try to come up with a plan to present in the meeting.

* Also as per previous discussions we don't want to move 2.8 to master
before we re-open the tracker. An attack plan for that will be elaborated
during the bug tracker plans.

* Grease pencil patch will be reviewed this week by Campbell Barton and
Sergey Sharybin. Antonio Vazquez updated it to be up to date with the
branch.

2) Other projects

* Ray Molenkamp reminds that the buildbot needs upgrade, so we can
officially drop msvc2013 support. The linux buildbot also needs upgrade.
Sergey Sharybin is looking at it.

* Campbell Barton confirms that we are still on track to the original
deadline (June 15th, make the old wiki read-only).

* Blender is on Annecy festival with a booth during the entire week. Drop
by to say hi.

3) Code quest links:

* Weekly meeting notes - 2018-06-08
 - https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2018-June/049467.html

* Tasks done last week:
 -
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.8/Source/CodeQuest/WeeklyReports#Week_9_.2804.2F06_-_08.2F06.29

* Code quest workboard:
 - https://developer.blender.org/project/board/80/

* Videos:
 - 2.8 against 2.7
 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pctJzQP7vs

 - EEVEE Hair Improvements
 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHs9u3P_X1I

 - Custom MatCaps
 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPCxUKrUzfM

 - Week 9 Round-up
 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A6x2e5qRYE

Regards,
Dalai
--
blendernetwork.org/dalai-felinto
www.dalaifelinto.com

Re: Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-06-11

Jacob Merrill
Still no lightfields or prebaked light probes?

why not make eevee realtime eh?

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018, 9:34 AM Dalai Felinto <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here are the notes from today's 17 UTC (18 CET) meeting in
> irc.freenode.net
> #blendercoders. Reminder: meetings are on Mondays, next meeting is 18th
> June 09 UTC (10 CET).
>
> 1) Blender 2.8
>
> * There is a call for content for MatCaps:
>  - https://devtalk.blender.org/t/call-for-content-matcaps/737
>
> * The bug tracker needs to be re-open. There is no decision to when do it,
> but we will try to come up with a plan to present in the meeting.
>
> * Also as per previous discussions we don't want to move 2.8 to master
> before we re-open the tracker. An attack plan for that will be elaborated
> during the bug tracker plans.
>
> * Grease pencil patch will be reviewed this week by Campbell Barton and
> Sergey Sharybin. Antonio Vazquez updated it to be up to date with the
> branch.
>
> 2) Other projects
>
> * Ray Molenkamp reminds that the buildbot needs upgrade, so we can
> officially drop msvc2013 support. The linux buildbot also needs upgrade.
> Sergey Sharybin is looking at it.
>
> * Campbell Barton confirms that we are still on track to the original
> deadline (June 15th, make the old wiki read-only).
>
> * Blender is on Annecy festival with a booth during the entire week. Drop
> by to say hi.
>
> 3) Code quest links:
>
> * Weekly meeting notes - 2018-06-08
>  - https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2018-June/049467.html
>
> * Tasks done last week:
>  -
>
> https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.8/Source/CodeQuest/WeeklyReports#Week_9_.2804.2F06_-_08.2F06.29
>
> * Code quest workboard:
>  - https://developer.blender.org/project/board/80/
>
> * Videos:
>  - 2.8 against 2.7
>  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pctJzQP7vs
>
>  - EEVEE Hair Improvements
>  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHs9u3P_X1I
>
>  - Custom MatCaps
>  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPCxUKrUzfM
>
>  - Week 9 Round-up
>  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A6x2e5qRYE
>
> Regards,
> Dalai
> --
> blendernetwork.org/dalai-felinto
> www.dalaifelinto.com

Re: Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-06-11

Dalai Felinto
Hi,

> Still no lightfields or prebaked light probes?
It is planned for this week (light cache probes). You can follow its
progress in the branch: origin/temp-eeveelightcache