Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-06-25

Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-06-25

Dalai Felinto
Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's 17 UTC (18 CET) meeting in irc.freenode.net
#blendercoders.

Note: Next meeting is yet to be announced.

1) Blender 2.8 projects (and code quest wrap).

* Dalai Felinto will send the 2.8 wrap and planning mail after meeting. It
includes a proposal for the upcoming Blender 2.8 milestones (alpha, beta
and release candidate, final Python API, bug tracker re-open).

* Antonio Vazquez reported grease-pencil progress. The split of modifier
stack is complete, there is a pending issue with the anti-alias, but
overall he's spending his time on small fixes and polishing. The main
pending topic is still the annotation system.

* Pablo Vazquez and William Reynish have a proposal for the annotation
system. William will post it on developer.blender.org. This is the final
show stopper for the grease pencil merge, so the UI/UX, grease pencil and
development teams should agree on it sooner than later.

2) Google Summer of Code

Nothing discussed here, no student needed assistance or had any decision to
be announced.

3) Other topics

* Ton Roosendaal proposes to find a better frequency and time for the
meetings. Perhaps a monthly meeting, and have talks and discussions on
devtalk.blender.org. Specially for the sub teams. The monthly meeting could
then be called "module team lead meeting". For now we put the next meeting
on hold and wait until a decision is reached.

4) Code quest links:

* Weekly meetings notes - 2018-06-22
- https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2018-June/049487.html

* Videos
 - Interface Improvements
 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZufGqRP6Gc8
 - Better AO in Cycles
 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1tYZLy6czA
 - Collection Visibility
 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0wIK379fxw
 - Everything nodes
 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQi2BqlQtnI

Regards,
Dalai
--
blendernetwork.org/dalai-felinto
www.dalaifelinto.com

Build greasepencil-object branch

José Ricarte
Hi, I am not a developer.

I know to build the Blender master branch, but I would like to try the
greasepencil-object branch.

how can I build greasepencil-object branch?

thanks for your great work

regards

Re: Build greasepencil-object branch

Aaron Carlisle-2
Hi,

Use `git checkout <branch_name>` to switch to that branch.
You can then build Blender like you would normally.

On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 12:56 PM Jose <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I am not a developer.
>
> I know to build the Blender master branch, but I would like to try the
> greasepencil-object branch.
>
> how can I build greasepencil-object branch?
>
> thanks for your great work
>
> regards

Aaron Carlisle

Project administrator for the Blender 3D Documentation Project
Email: [hidden email]
Website: https://blendify.github.io

Re: Build greasepencil-object branch

José Ricarte
Hi, thanks for the help, 2.79 and 2.8 branch build Ok for ubuntu, but
the branch grasepencil-object seems broken

gives this error at the end of the compilation:

[100%] Linking CXX executable ../../bin/blender

../../lib/libbf_blenkernel.a(shader_fx.c.o):shader_fx.c:function
BKE_shaderfx_init: error: referencia a 'shaderfx_type_init' sin definir
source/creator/CMakeFiles/blender.dir/build.make:373: fallo en las
instrucciones para el objetivo 'bin/blender'
make[3]: *** [bin/blender] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:7533: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo
'source/creator/CMakeFiles/blender.dir/all'
make[2]: *** [source/creator/CMakeFiles/blender.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:160: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo 'all'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
GNUmakefile:128: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo 'all'
make: *** [all] Error 2

regards

El 05/07/18 a las 19:00, Aaron Carlisle escribió:

> Hi,
>
> Use `git checkout <branch_name>` to switch to that branch.
> You can then build Blender like you would normally.
>
> On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 12:56 PM Jose <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi, I am not a developer.
>>
>> I know to build the Blender master branch, but I would like to try the
>> greasepencil-object branch.
>>
>> how can I build greasepencil-object branch?
>>
>> thanks for your great work
>>
>> regards

Re: Build greasepencil-object branch

José Ricarte
Hi, with Revision 39b1842 greasepencil-object compiles OK

regards