Wiki is now read only

Dan McGrath
Hi,

Just a heads up that the old wiki is now read only. The plan is to swap
en.b.o with wiki.b.o, so there will be a slight disruption as we are
changing web servers (lighttpd -> apache), not just docroot locations in
the configuration.

So, relax, everything will be fine! <(o.O)>

Dan

Re: Wiki is now read only

Dan McGrath
Hi,

It would seem that the new wiki is up and running in place of the old one
at https://wiki.blender.org/ with the old wiki still (temporarily left
running up at https://en.blender.org/

I also placed some dumpBackup.php outputs at
https://download.blender.org/oldwiki/ for users to access, along with a
tarball dump of the uploads folder. This should, in theory, be all that is
needed to access the old content after the old wiki is remove in a few
weeks.

Dan

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 5:42 AM Dan McGrath <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a heads up that the old wiki is now read only. The plan is to swap
> en.b.o with wiki.b.o, so there will be a slight disruption as we are
> changing web servers (lighttpd -> apache), not just docroot locations in
> the configuration.
>
> So, relax, everything will be fine! <(o.O)>
>

> Dan

Re: Wiki is now read only

Dan McGrath
Hi Ray,

Please email the developer list for wiki changes. I am not sure why you are
personally mailing me about wiki edits. I have forwarded this to the
developer list in case you are unaware of the address!

Dan

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018, 12:38 AM Ray Molenkamp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [offlist reply]
>
> The Windows build instructions redirect to the mac build instructions
>
> and it doesn't look like my account made it to the new system so
>
> i can't fix it, so if you please would be so kind to fix the link that be
>
> great.
>
> Greetings,
>
> --Ray
>

> On 6/15/2018 9:22 AM, Dan McGrath wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It would seem that the new wiki is up and running in place of the old one
> > at https://wiki.blender.org/ with the old wiki still (temporarily left
> > running up at https://en.blender.org/
> >
> > I also placed some dumpBackup.php outputs at
> > https://download.blender.org/oldwiki/ for users to access, along with a
> > tarball dump of the uploads folder. This should, in theory, be all that
> is
> > needed to access the old content after the old wiki is remove in a few
> > weeks.
> >

> > Dan
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 5:42 AM Dan McGrath <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Just a heads up that the old wiki is now read only. The plan is to swap
> >> en.b.o with wiki.b.o, so there will be a slight disruption as we are
> >> changing web servers (lighttpd -> apache), not just docroot locations in
> >> the configuration.
> >>
> >> So, relax, everything will be fine! <(o.O)>
> >>

> >> Dan

Re: Wiki is now read only

Ton Roosendaal

Apparently the new wiki accounts were manually added - to prevent we add accounts of spammers.
If your account needs to be added again, notify Campbell?

Thanks,

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  -  [hidden email]   -   www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Buikslotermeerplein 161, 1025 ET Amsterdam, the Netherlands

> On 15 Jun 2018, at 17:22, Dan McGrath <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> It would seem that the new wiki is up and running in place of the old one
> at https://wiki.blender.org/ with the old wiki still (temporarily left
> running up at https://en.blender.org/
>
> I also placed some dumpBackup.php outputs at
> https://download.blender.org/oldwiki/ for users to access, along with a
> tarball dump of the uploads folder. This should, in theory, be all that is
> needed to access the old content after the old wiki is remove in a few
> weeks.
>

> Dan
>
> On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 5:42 AM Dan McGrath <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just a heads up that the old wiki is now read only. The plan is to swap
>> en.b.o with wiki.b.o, so there will be a slight disruption as we are
>> changing web servers (lighttpd -> apache), not just docroot locations in
>> the configuration.
>>
>> So, relax, everything will be fine! <(o.O)>
>>

>> Dan

Re: Wiki is now read only

Dan McGrath
Hi,

I am not sure if this was a question or a statement, but yes, the new wiki
has become an exclusive club of only authorised accounts, specifically
developers, and that people looking for access should speak to one of the
developers, such as Campbell. I personally avoid such a task as I am not up
on who is meant to be creating documents on the new wiki. That I leave to
the devs!

Dan